Friday, December 30, 2005

Au Revoir 2005

So, 2005 is almost at an end. I like this time of year, because I am a cheeseball and enjoy making bad end-of-the-year jokes such as "See you next year" or, the one I just made: "I'm giving up egg and cheese sandwiches for the rest of the year!". Oh, I just crack myself up.

Because everyone else is doing it and I ALWAYS give in to peer pressure, here is my best-of list for this year:

Yeah, that's all I have. I could sit here all day and think of the best of everything but 1) no one cares and 2) it's Friday and I don't feel like it!!

I am instead amusing myself today keeping track of the ass-kissing going on around me.

Another year is ending and one is beginning. Hopefully, this year I will:
  • graduate from massage school
  • pass the Ohio boards and become a licensed massage therapist
  • quit my office job and do massage therapy full-time
  • move back to the country
  • welcome a new niece or nephew in May
  • not go to my 15th high school reunion because that number just freaks me out
among other things...

I hope everyone has a healthy and happy New Year's and an even better and brighter 2006.

2 comments:

mar-mar said...

I'm currently using my blog for other things, and i'm jealous that you have a "best of" list for 2005, so i'm hijacking your space to put mine out there. nyah.
Best Coffee: the Cold Comfort Cafe Intelligentsia roast
Most Relaxing Activity: Either the spa baths and meditation room at Thousand Waves, or the pedicure at Aveda Institute Columbus (thanks ernie!)
Best Musical Discovery: Antony and the Johnsons
Best Vending Machines: the ice cream bar machines at Illinois Masonic Hospital
Best Film: Junebug
Best Book: Black Hole by Charles Burns OR The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil by George Saunders
Best Purchase I Made: Gym Membership

Dutch said...

Does this look like your blog Mariya????