Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Erin, circa 1988

Here's a treat for you all - a picture my dad found of me, my freshman year in high school, for some dance (Sadie Hawkins maybe?). I believe my hair, while not as awful as some 80s hair, is crimped. Check out the scary wallpaper that lined the hallway in my parents' house. Doesn't it look just like flowers growing on a trellis? Yeah, no. Sadly, I thought I was so fat then and now I'm thinking "gee I was so skinny!"

So....the holidays.....went fairly well, considering. Didn't get too much family overload, not too much stuff. It was nice to see everyone, and of course there was good food to be had. Got a duplicate gift of something I bought for myself with a birthday gift card (my bad - it was still on my wishlist), but that only means I get to return it and have a bunch of money to spend at Best Buy. There are worse things, man...the dogs got some Greenies, the cats got some Pounce, A got some clothes, which is good, because he'll never buy them for himself and me buying him undershirts is a little too 50s housewife for me.

Back at work now, which is fairly quiet and no one is here. Looking forward to more short weeks this week and next. Of course, next week I'm back to school which means BYE BYE SOCIAL LIFE! If by "social life" you mean "free time", which I do.

Got the Brokeback Mountain soundtrack as a late birthday gift, which kicks ass.

Hope your holidays were good!!

2 comments:

mar-mar said...

Dude, that photo rules. I especially love the New Wave-punk-rock-badgirl-in-good-girl-clothing sneer on your mug! It singlehandedly makes a badass out of what could potentially have been a mallrat-suburban-clueless affect. Look out world!

Janine said...

Erin, this is awesome. Makes me want to dig around for old photos of myself. If it makes you feel any better, I feel the same way when I look at old photos of myself. I always think, what the hell was I thinking that I was fat? Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for now.