Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Long time no see people!

Hello everyone! So it's been a really long time since I posted here, I admit it. The past year has been busy and strange and kind of difficult and lots of things happened, but here I am!

A and I moved again, which we swear was not in our gameplan, but this just came up and it was the perfect (?) opportunity. Those of you who know us know we moved to Athens because we wanted to build our own house using alternative construction. So we've been living here and there in the Athens area for the last 8 years, but hadn't gotten around to that house thing yet. Randomly in June, I was perusing the ads in The Athens News as I do every Monday and Thursday, and came across an ad for a straw bale house and 5 acres for sale. The price seemed insanely low, so without consulting A, I called the guy and made an appointment to see it that evening. Then when I got home I informed A we were going to look at it! I am normally not that type of wife, but in this case, I was overly bossy. Shut up! I am NOT bossy normally!

Anyway, long story short, we loved the place and made an offer the next day. It's an unusual place, with 2 very small cabins, 1 bathroom, an outhouse and lots and lots of trees. We moved in June (recommendation: hire students to move your stuff next time. They come cheap and although aren't always the sharpest about household-related stuff, they work hard) and have been enjoying the oddness of sleeping back in the woods, about 800 feet back from the main house. It sounds really luxurious to have a separate bedroom and it has been fun so far, but ask me again when it starts getting really cold! We need to do SO.MUCH.STUFF before winter, and haven't historically been good at doing stuff like that in a timely manner, but we're trying! The straw bale cabin roof is a must-do, as is getting some insulation in there. A, per usual, is all "I CAN DO THAT!", I'll just get a book! Here's hoping he doesn't injure himself because we have no health insurance!

In other news, I have a new massage office (will take some pictures soon) that I have just moved into. It's kind of scary to be out on my own, but the price is right and I looooove having my own space. Going tonight to do some more decorating but most everything is there already. Had the inaugural massage on Saturday! Thanks Sara for being my guinea pig.

Have just been busy at work and doing massage and house things and new kitten things (see left, ain't he cute?) but I'm going to try and keep this updated more than I have been for the last year.

To sum up, here's how the last year went:
* major move x 2
* planned my first fundraiser! And it made money!
* new massage office!
* some friends moved away from Athens
* met some cool people who just moved to Athens
* reoccurance of stupid depression and anxiety, necessitating going back on medication
* many declarations of my awesomeness from my boss and massage clients
* my memory is getting worse and worse and I no longer remember what else I did in the past year!

Next blog topic: trying to eat more protein sucks! See you all soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.