Saturday, October 20, 2007

One more thing

I went to a conference yesterday and although I asked for a veggie meal, they accidentally fed me chicken! I thought the raviolis tasted weird, but my table mate ate some filling and assured me it was fish. So I kept eating it, but dug most of the filling out because it didn't taste good. Then I ran across 1 cheese ravioli and began wondering what the other stuff was. My tablemates summoned the waiter and you guessed it! It was smoked chicken ravioli. They felt really bad and apologized profusely, as well as offered me things (piece of cake? potatoes? another salad? more bread?) which I declined. I mean, in the great scheme of things it's no big deal and they felt really bad, but I did feel kind yukky the rest of the day. Totally psychosomatic I'm sure.

I wasn't going to say anything to the conference presenters, but I was the only veggie so he made sure to ask me if my food was OK. I told him the story and he felt really bad too, but I assured him it was OK. Know what his boss said? "What happens now, do you go to hell?". I thought that was pretty funny.

So, poll: do you think I will go to vegetarian hell? :) Where, according to JB, you have to eat meat all day long.

No comments: