Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Consummatum est, motherfuckers!


Done! Finished! Finito! The Boards, they be OVER!

Yes, they're done. On Tuesday I went into the Ohio State Fairgrounds a girl and came out a woman. Not really, but it was a life-altering event. The test itself was OK -- I feel mostly confident in my performance -- but it was a very stressful 3 months since school ended waiting and worrying about them. There were a few disasters big and small:

* I forgot clean underwear and had to borrow some from my sister (gross schmoss, we're related!)
* I went the wrong way on the highway on the way there. Only a momentary delay, as I knew where I was and got us right back on the way
* I momentarily forgot my box of #2 pencils in the car and had to rush back to get them
* The power went out during the first test for about 10 minutes. I was near the end and could mostly see my test, but the poor folks in the middle just had to sit there in the dark

It was really nice to see all my classmates again....everyone seems to be doing well.

So now I have all this free time that I don't have to spend studying or worrying about the test or feeling guilty for not studying, and I'm not quite sure what to do with myself! Perhaps A and I will go rollerblading, as I found some safety gear for him at Target. Ahh, Target, you come through again.

Maybe I should start taking opinions as to what hobby people think I should take up.

Also went to a retirement party at my old office. Most people weren't there (rude much??) but of course Mr. Craftsman was. I completely ignored him and he ignored me, it was lovely!! Had some snacks and got to hang with the people I do like. Plus a very very old friend was there, all the way from DC. Wow!

That's it from here! Hope everyone is doing well. Oh, I saw The Lake House last weekend and it wasn't bad! I didn't expect it to be good and it really wasn't, but entertaining nonetheless. We also rented Match Point, which was great! Especially for a Woody Allen joint. Definite 2 thumbs up.

2 comments:

mar-mar said...

Let me be the first to nominate Polaroid Transfer as a possible hobby. Look it up, it's awesome--it allows you to transfer images onto any surface and the images look really fragile and beautiful when you're done.

Also wine tasting. Seems really late 90s, I know, but I always thought it would be fun to go to vineyards and sip wine and look out at the golden fields of grapes.

mar-mar said...

CONGRATULATIONS ERNIE!!! You deserve a big Woo Hoo for sticking with your plan and seeing it through to the end. We're all certain you passed, so do a pregnant lady a favor and have an extra glass of champagne for me!