Monday, March 06, 2006

Saturday/weekend update


So I stayed most of the day at the climbing competition, and did some massages, not alot, but some. Made some dough and met some cute little climbing kids (one of which was wearing a shirt that said "I do my own stunts" heh), got some studying done, so overall, not a bad day.

Watched the Oscars last night which were good (Jon Stewart), mostly predictable (damn why didn't I join an Oscar pool this year?), and yet ultimately disappointing. Crash? I mean, it had a great ensemble cast and was very well written and acted, and contained Important Themes, but it was a little anvillicious for my taste. Did you know we have race problems in America? And hey, what about those race problems? Geez, aren't those race problems a problem? I appreciate that the movie went there but it could have done it with alot more subtlety and grace. Brokeback Mountain was all about subtlety and quietness and grace. But you guys know I think that already. Anyway, Ang Lee won, and I learned 2 important lessons: Hollywood LOVES the montage and it's apparently hard out here for a pimp, "You Know, What with the Rent, the Gas Money, the Sexual Subjugation of Women, Etc." (E!Online)

Last Monday here!

1 comment:

Janine said...

Hi, Erin. Can't wait to hear all about your first day and new job. Love your comments on the Oscars. And is it just me or did Diana Ossana look like she wanted to kill her writing partner for most of the evening?