Monday, February 06, 2006

Long Time, No Blog

Hey there people! Sorry it's been so long since I updated you on my boring life. Let's see...what's happened since my last entry? N-O-T-H-I-N-G!! haha. Actually, some stuff did happen - A's mom came home from Africa on Friday (yay!), and we talked to her twice in a 2-day span! First time in the last 2 years. She seems welll and we're hoping she'll make it out to Ohio to visit. I propose that SE Ohio is a perfect place to relax back into the U.S. and get back into the swing of things. It's very laid back here and not too many people are in your face all the time.

Other than that, which was the real big news, my dad had surgery (he's recuperating well at home now), I failed one massage test and got 100% on the other (go figure) and I've gotten some of the nicest comments ever in our clinic. Which is nice, considering the vibe at my day job makes me feel like a bad bad empoloyee. Which I' m not, by the way, but whose ass you kiss is often more important than doing a good job. A sad-but-true fact I have come to realize.

We have seen some great movies lately, including Brokeback Mountain (again), The Corpse Bride, The Constant Gardener and Grizzly Man. All were good but in extremely different ways. I'm getting psyched up for the Oscars and the big party I go to annually, and I'm trying to see as many things as I can. May see Capote this weekend if it's still here, and I'd like to see Good Night and Good Luck but I'm not sure if it's still playing. I never did get around to seeing The Squid and The Whale, because I get really tired of seeing intimate indie pics set in NYC, like there's nowhere else that people have intimate family relations. Maybe that's what I liked about Junebug so much -- that it wasn't set in New York!

And finally, finally, my sister has stopped making fun of me for my love of Veronica Mars because she's now hooked too!! Mwuhahaha! I successfully forced her to watch it and now she and her hubby are (somewhat) obsessed. Go Me! Rob Thomas, you owe me one.

Hope you kids are having a good February! It finally feels like winter and we got snow and everything!

3 comments:

Kan said...

Love your blog, Erin. Although I don't think I've seen you since our Elvis-fueled, westward adventure, we're still connected via Mar. I like having this window into your current life. Thanks for your support of the motherhood thing. Check out my blog www.nurtureblog.blogspot.com

Dutch said...

Thanks Kan! I love the description of our trip as an Elvis-fueled adventure. How true that is....

mar-mar said...

no way you two! by my recollection it was also SPAGHETTIO'S fueled!