Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Post-Valentine's Day


So how was everyone's Valentine's Day? Mine was OK -- I had to work and then I had class, so I didn't get to see much of my valentine. But he did come in and see me at work and I gave him the valentine I made out of conversation hearts glued onto paper. The hearts said such pithy things as "URA Star" and "[heart] of Gold". He was foreseeing being embarrassed to be seen with it about town, so he made me put it in an envelope for him - hee!

Speaking of my sweetie, here he and I are at his cousin's wedding in 2001! His cousin's wife recently came across a Christmas card from 2001 that she had meant to send us and never did. She included some pictures of us from that year which I just think are so cute. Look how young we look! Not even 30 yet...... Youth is so wasted on the young!

haha, just kidding. I know, I know, I'm still young.

Anyway, not much else going on here. Just waiting around for a certain call, worrying about finals, etc. Have a study session tomorrow to get ready for the final exam in massage class, and have been studying here and there for the big muscle test in anatomy. Tonight in clinic, I am the receptionist! Which means I get to sit on my ass and don't have to give 3 massages in a row. It will be nice to have a break.

My friend Jane did my astrology chart and then read it for me, which was really interesting. It was right on target about alot of things, kind of eerily so. That kind of stuff is so weird. So I guess my really difficult time is when some planet was in some house (forgive me, I can't remember - I think Pluto or Saturn were involved??), which apparently was the last few years leading up to age 32 and I guess now that I'm past that, I shouldn't have to worry about it until I'm in my 60s. So that's nice.

Here's another photo. Also from 2001, before the bad thing went into the bad house. And before I got glasses.

That's about it from here. Saw Capote this weekend and recommend it. Also finally saw the Wallace and Gromit movie, which rocked! The little bunnies in the movie are just so darn cute. And did you watch the dog show last night? The terrier juggernaut on Best in Show (43 titles since 1907) continued, but the dog who won was so delightfully ugly-cute, I didn't mind. I was rooting for the Scottish Deerhound who was very graceful looking (and hounds have only won 3 times since 1907) and he was from Ohio, but no luck. The pug was cute too. Oh, let's face it, I love all dogs and they were all adorable.

Have a great post-Valentine's day!

1 comment:

mar-mar said...

good luck with that phone conversation at 8am tomorrow!

you and Dammie look so cute in these photos. reminds me we have to take more pics...before things change...