Monday, February 27, 2006

Awesome news!

The Olympics are officially over, but this picture will be cool forever!

Two words for ya: NEW JOB! I'm so excited! Those of you who are close know I was really excited about the job with Children's Services and then really bummed when they didn't call. Well it turns out that was only because someone was sick! And they finally called last week, I went in and met with them, and I just accepted the job! I'm really excited, mostly because of the work but also because this is the type of job I have always wanted -- able to make a good wage on 25 hours a week, flexibility, and I can work from home occasionally too! Of course my immediate reaction was to run out and buy a laptop.

I will be the Program Coordinator for the Athens County Child Advocacy Center. For those of you who, like me, had no idea what a CAC is (look at me, already using the lingo!), here is a good overview of their purpose. I'm really excited (did I say that already?). It's a new program that is just starting up, so it's not going to be easy, but I think it will be just the amount of challenge I'm looking for right now.

That's really the news for now! Had a great weekend, was just really happy and not stressed, which was great! I need to start stressing now about finals, but I just want to enjoy this for a bit. My thoughts are with my friend LMA whose dad is having surgery as we speak for lung cancer.

No comments: