Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hello all! I always say I should be a better writer, and I plan to, I really do, but it just doesn't ever work out. Now summer is almost over and the academic year is about to start, which means swarms of students hanging around Athens again. It's hard to resist that start-of-the-year excitement, even when you're not in school anymore, because of course I was one of those nerdly kids who enjoyed school. This time of year also makes me want to buy office supplies, even though I don't technically need any.


I just got back from 5 days in Maine, which was pretty fun. It was nice to be away and although things weren't perfect, we did get to go sea kayaking, which was pretty awesome and not as scary as I thought it was going to be. I wish I had brought my camera on the boat, but I'm sure it would have gotten wet and ruined, so it's probably better I didn't. I've posted some of the better photos of the trip here -- the thing about Maine is, you just have to point and shoot and whammo! A perfect postcard shot. (if you ignore the random people in the frame)

What else? Am also excited for an upcoming trip to NYC for the U.S. Open! I've never seen professional tennis live before, and I'm totally going to be a squeeing fangirl when I see my favorite players.

We're also getting ready to start our bathroom renovation so we might finally have (gasp!) a closet! It will be like the lap of luxury over at our place. A place to store one's clothes? I thought only rich people had that! We also now have a lovely storage bench/window seat and A's mom made sweeeeeeet cushions for it. So the house is coming along.

Animals are all OK, except for the chicken that got eaten while I was away. We're not sure what killed it, but then A ate it. He reports it was quite tasty! And I'm glad I wasn't home to witness the carnivorous carnage.

That's about it from here. If I ever had any exciting news, I would post it, but alas, not much to report! Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments: